1 spaghetti squash, small
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely minced
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon rosemary
6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
2, 3-4 ounce chicken breasts, grilled
How to bake spaghetti squash in an oven:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove all seeds from center.
- Brush all exposed area with olive oil.
- Place halves cut side down on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until squash is tender.
- Remove from pan and use a fork to gently scrape out the spaghetti like strands.
How to cook spaghetti squash in a crockpot:
- Wash your spaghetti squash thoroughly with soap and water.
- Pierce 4-5 times with a sharp knife.
- Place in crockpot and cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or on LOW for 5 hours.
- Be careful when removing your squash from the crockpot because it will be very soft and flimsy.
- Cut squash down the center and remove seeded center. Then, using a fork, scrap out all of your spaghetti squash!
Once the Spaghetti Squash is cooked:
- Heat a large sauté pan with olive oil and garlic over medium-low heat.
- When garlic becomes fragrant, add basil, oregano, rosemary and spaghetti squash strands and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes.
- Toss well, sprinkle with the parmesan cheese, and top with grilled chicken.