This recipe is simple, nutritious and packed with Mediterranean flavors! Great for any summer social gathering, or a regular family dinner!
- 8 ounces of solid white albacore tuna in water
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/4 cup roasted tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise, with seeds scooped out and ends trimmed
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Olive oil, for brushing
Combine tuna, hummus and tomatoes in oil. Then brush the insides of squash halves with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Fire up the grill. Grill zucchini, cut side down, for 4-5 minutes uncovered until edges are slightly charred and caramelized. Transfer to plate. Fill each squash with an equal amount of tuna mixture, then drizzle with pesto, followed by a sprinkle of feta cheese. Then carefully transfer back to grill. Grill for 10 minutes or until filling begins to bubble. Feel free to broil instead for 3-5 minutes, a less messy option than putting the boats back on the grill.