What do you do when something’s not right “down there”? And who do you turn to for help? Dealing with problems surrounding the pelvic region can be embarrassing for women, and most feel ashamed and alone. Fortunately, you are not alone — about 1 in every 4 women suffers from pelvic floor dysfunction, and we can help! PT Center for Women focuses on treating functional problems related to pelvic pain and pelvic floor disorders, as well as offers proactive services to help restore function and lessen pain. PT Center for Women is the only physical therapy center in Wisconsin that specializes in pelvic pain, pelvic muscle dysfunction biofeedback and has a board-certified women’s health clinical specialist!
At PT Center for Women, the care we provide is as unique as every woman. Our goal is to help women achieve a happier, healthier life. Our therapists are devoted to evaluating and treating unique complications such as:
- Bowel problems (constipation or leakage of stool)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful periods)
- Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse)
- Endometriosis (pelvic and abdominal pain)
- Fibromyalgia (body-wide pain)
- Headaches (pain in the head and upper neck)
- Painful scars (post mastectomy, c-section and episiotomy pain)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (fallen pelvic organs)
- Pregnancy related issues (back, hip and sciatica pain)
- Urinary incontinence (leakage of urine)
- Vaginismus (muscle spasms in vaginal area)
- Vulvodynia (pain in the vaginal area)
Meet the ladies of PT Center for Women:
Connie Strey joined PT Center for Women in 2004. She has been in practice for over 29 years. Connie says, “I enjoy treating women of all ages; from the teenage girl with pelvic pain, to the older woman who may have urinary incontinence. I am passionate about decreasing pain and restoring function for the overall goal of bringing joy back into life.”
Michelle Landsverk has been practicing physical therapy since 1995 and joined PT Center for Women 6 years ago. She notes, “It’s the uniqueness of the female body that demands special attention. From the female athlete to the working mom, every woman wants to function without pain, and my role is to optimize that naturally.”
For more information about the services offered at PT Center for Women, visit our website at www.ptcenterforwomen.com.
Like us on Facebook to be the first to know about the latest news, events, and contests from PT Center for Women!
If you would like to schedule an appointment, give us a call at 920-729-2982. PT Center for Women is located at 3913 W. Prospect Avenue, Suite LL2 in Appleton.